An experienced professional in the world of leadership and talent, working with clients across both the public and private sectors. Prior to consultancy had 7 years multi-sector experience in senior leadership development roles. Confident, commercial and engaging, with a strong track record of designing and implementing leadership development strategies and talent management and other change initiatives.
Employers and clients agree that I am successful not only in developing effective people development strategies but also working with the teams and individuals who make them happen.
My professional expertise and substantial experience, passionately applied with intelligence and good humour, underpin my history of success in implementing leadership and talent solutions that increase organisational capability.
Consultancy projects include:-
- Created and led a team of external Executive Coaches for Ordnance Survey’s Leading for Change programme, providing 360° feedback and leadership coaching for 47 Board members and Functional Heads;
- Created and led a team of Observer / Coaches for CPA Global HiPo programme;
Designed and delivered Assessment and Development Centres for Unilever (division of) and CPA Global;
- Observer / Coach at AC’s and DC’s for Dairy Crest, UBM, MoD, ING, HSBC, NHS;
- Designed and facilitated a range of Leadership Master Classes, workshops and programmes. For the leading vehicle management services provider in Europe, a 9 month leadership programme for managers, combining 1-to-1 coaching, 360° feedback and leadership events. 90 managers experienced the programme over a 5 year period. For one of the world’s leading airport express rail operators, a 6 month coaching programme for managers, blending psychometrics (MBTI), 1-to-1 coaching, feedback and 90 minute master classes;
- Coach to talent and Future Leaders at Pizza Hut, CPA Global and Ordnance Survey;
Experienced Executive Coach. For the UK's largest friendly society, provided an 18 month programme of personal coaching for 20 Senior Managers, including 360° feedback. For Directors and Managers in a major Government Department I provided a 2 year programme of coaching for 20 Directors and Managers, using a variety of psychometric tools and 360° feedaback. For London’s overground network operator I was coach to the Customer Service Director and Heads of Function, supporting them in achieving their vision to transform the railway and connect communities across London;
- Developed and delivered the Internal Coach Certification Programme for Ordnance Survey.
Previous career history
Woolworths, Management Development Manager - Retail
Strategic role leading the design, development and implementation of talent management services, aligning the culture to strategic objectives through the recruitment, development and retention of talent.
LV=, Head of Management Development
Role was at the heart of values-led business transformation, heading up a team of Management Development Consultants and Head Office Trainers focused on Director and Management capability across the business.
Burton Group, latterly Training and Development Controller
New Senior Executive position, creating and heading up the central training and development team, responsible for formulating an initial 2 year T&D strategy; received the 1997 Director’s Award in recognition of an outstanding contribution to driving change in Group Logistics.
Qualifications, training and memberships
- BA (Hons) University of Leeds 1983
- Chartered FCIPD
- INLPTA Diploma in NLP
- INLPTA Coaching Diploma
- Full Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
- Member of the BPS Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- BPS Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing Level A and B
- Affiliate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Qualified to administer and interpret MBTI Step 1 and Step 2, FIRO‐B, 16PF, NEO PI-R, Saville Wave, Strength Deployment Inventory.