James is an experienced, innovative and resourceful consultant, trainer and facilitator. He has extensive experience in training design, group training, and individual coaching, with a strong personal focus on enabling individuals to evaluate their own strengths and development needs to create effective personal commitment to change and deliver measurable and sustainable business results.
Projects include: -
- Consulting on the design and delivery of ‘Meet the Manager’ conferences for new managers within the Operations Division of a large financial services organisation, regularly presenting to up to 120 delegates
- Delivered various workshops in Coaching, Change Management and Personal Impact at a variety of locations within UK and Eire for large financial services organisation
- Facilitator at international emerging Leaders Conference working with senior executives from Europe and the Far East.
- Designed programme of training in relationship management, supervision and project management for Scenes of Crime (CSI) leadership team in conjunction with required roles and procedures during a time of reorganization and restructure
- Design and delivery of various programmes including workload management, gaining commitment and clarity from reportees, assertiveness, performance management, presentation skills (including at senior executive level) and supervisory programmes including ILM.
- Conducted conflict review with senior, international officers to identify key issues and objectives for the project. Established and conducted individual coaching, confrontation and group programmes which enabled participants to develop new strategies and attitudes to negotiating cultural and commercial conflicts within diverse department and areas of responsibility.
- Designed in-house Diploma level programme, integrated into established e-learning resources for large private organisation.
- Presented application workshops and evaluation programmes for team-leaders and managers incorporating Health and Safety (management, staff-training and attitudes), key management and communication skills, Project management and research skills
- Conducted TNA and subsequent coaching with senior staff following a company merger, each person worked with was subsequently promoted.
- Designed accredited ILM programme in business coaching and management strategies
- Conducted design and focus review for in-house ILM programmes at certificate and diploma levels for distribution (warehouse) supervisors and graduate recruits
- Conducted structural and business review of executive roles to establish strategic development plans and conducted related coaching within resultant restructuring
- Created effective skills-management strategies and trained staff on implementation
Previous professional career: -
Started as a teacher and then schools advisor before changing career into the financial services sector as a financial consultant. Progressed from sales management role into training, becoming Head of Management Training and then Head of Sales and Management Training/T&C Officer.
- Restructured and established new business practices and strategies for the national sales training team for over 1200 life and pension representatives
- Led the company through PIA compliance inspection of training and competency to full approval
- Devised strategy, recruited, trained and led national Training and Competence team
- Conducted needs-based professional coaching to focus and enhance the business performance of senior managers and key sales personnel
- Designed and delivered the first structured leadership training for sales managers
- Co-ordinated the design, delivery and maintenance of the company’s first T&C training scheme in supervision and leadership
- Designed and represented to company in national compliance review of the T&C scheme with the regulator to achieve full accreditation and approval.
- MCIPD - Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- B. A. Psychology and Social Sciences. Open University
- CeFA 1,2 & 3, CIB
- IPD Diploma in Training design and management. Reading University
- Diploma in Role Play, RSA London
- Cert Ed. (Teaching) Bangor University (Cartrefle College)
- Advanced Facilitation Skills, Sheppard Moscow
- Counselling skills, Cruse Bereavement counselling.