Andrea holds an MSc in Training and HRM as well as having over 15 years operational experience at a senior level. She has over 10 years experience as a Consultant specialising in identifying and developing potential, supporting individuals and organisations move forward. Her expertise lies in helping individuals and organisations to identify what the real need is, for both parties, and then collaboratively design programmes that meet these needs – her focus, and passion, is the relevancy and hence transferability of learning, being immediately of value.
Consultancy projects include: -
- Strategic Transformational Leadership Programme for public sector organisation. This involves working with their top tiers of strategic managers and the Board to help instigate a change in leadership culture. Alongside this Andrea is helping scope and design the cascade of this training, which includes training internal leaders to cascade in a consistent and facilitative manner. Andrea is also the Project Director for this programme, co-ordinating with partners to ensure an innovative and relevant programme is designed. This includes evaluating performance and writing reports for the internal Project Board of the client organisation.
- Delivering a leadership programme for first line managers within the financial services sector, to help them become better leaders. This involves high levels of facilitation, a focus on real issues, and the ability to coach and support the participants, role modelling the behaviours expected of them within the organisation.
- Designing and delivering a leadership programme within the third sector for high profile organisation. Scoping alongside the client (including input from participants) to ensure relevancy of both content and language. Deliver the programme that now also includes a follow up day six months later.
- Facilitating ‘Away Days’ for third sector organisation, a retail organisation, and for an international development organisation to help them work more effectively together, and to define what they needed to do as a team to meet their objectives for the coming year/s.
- Designing and delivering an Outplacement / Career Management programme for an international development organisation.
- Ran an open programme for the Level 3 ILM Certificate in Coaching – participants were from the education sector.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of a Diversity programme for a public sector organisation. Led a team of facilitators, then wrote a report highlighting examples of ROI as well as recommendations for further improvement / how to continue to embed the initiative within the organisation.
- Centralising a training function for the General Insurance division of an Insurance company. This involved leading the new department through a phase of change helping them move from instructional training to include more facilitative and accelerated learning techniques. Developed the team whilst ensuring that the perception and reputation of the department grew. Worked with senior individuals within the business to scope development needs, and then worked with the training team to design and deliver high quality training.
Recent clients include: Amnesty International UK, Commonwealth Secretariat, LV=, Test Valley Borough Council, London Fire Brigade, HJS, Nandos, Peterborough City Council, Highway Insurance Group, Fitness First, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, London Underground.
16 years in a FTSE200 organisation, being promoted into a senior regional position whilst within the operational part of the business – set up a division which was seen as ahead of its competitors within 18 months; was the most junior, and youngest individual, to be recognised as a top performer, earning her place on a European trip for the companies star performers.
Decided on a career change so seconded into training function, and soon took over responsibility for training new trainers, developing the management programmes, and working with external clients.
Promoted to lead on external training initiatives, building a successful business unit with almost all clients remaining loyal to Andrea over the past 10 years. Promoted to Director, sitting on the leadership Board within the HR Consultancy Division, to lead on all Training, Development and Outplacement initiatives.
Following a restructure the HR Consultancy became independent, and Andrea became a full Board Director. Recently she took the opportunity to become Managing Director of Nationwide Training, an Institute of Leadership and Management approved centre.
- MSc in Training and Human Resource Management,
- Certified (Levels A and B) to administer a range of personality, ability and aptitude measures, including MBTI (Step 1 and 2), 16PF, OPQ, Insights, and Strength Deployment Inventory.
- Member of the International Coaching Federation as well as being lead contact for Nationwide Training’s membership of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
- She is a Master NLP Practitioner
- Accredited Institute of Leadership and Management Programme Lead and Tutor as well as managing and leading on developments for Nationwide Training as an ILM approved centre.